Wednesday, December 26, 2007

What was that day yesterday?

I didn't celebrate it, but I did go over to a friend's apartment and we drank yummy wine and her flatmate made us Italnian-style foods.

I got mocha soy ice cream at the Super GB on Monday. The ruling: tastes like straight up coffee! No nice ice creamyness, no chocolate flavour, just coffee in frozen soymilk form, whipped up and put in it's pretty little Belgian package for the next dumb ass to spend €4 on. I think I'll try the vanilla next time....

EDA:
Since the soya ice needed more choco flavour, I searched for a solution: homemade chocolate syrup! It was easy.
Step 1!) boil a small about of soy milk in a pot on the stove
Step 2!) while you wait for it to boil, whisk together a teaspoon of cornstarch with a tablespoon of cold water
Step 3!) add an even smaller amount of sugar
Step 4!) add a very slight amount of cocoa powder
Step 5!) add the cornstarch to the boiling mixture and turn down the heat. whisk contstantly until it gets a thicker consistency.
Step 6!) pour all over ice cream for your coffee-ish hot fudge sunday.
This is actually a photo of some home-made soy ice cream from a few months ago. I'll upload a properly fudgy one in due time.

No comments: