Thursday, May 8, 2008

New Baby + Smoothie

I found out today that a friend of mine (Juin, from Taiwan) had her first baby. It was two weeks earlier than she was expecting, but I figured she'd be early since she was so huge. Me and another woman from my Deutsch class went to the hospital after school to visit. She and her husband are so adorable and innocent. My friend held their baby for a while and he started to open his tiny little eyes. My friend already has two sons of her own (24 and 26, I think) and she was giving these new parents all these intructions.... I could sense they were a little over whelmed. I'm sure they'll do fine.

Because it is actually almost hot today, I made me a smoothie with frozen blueberries and kiwis with a wee bit o' orange juice. Y'all, I have not been hot since July, possibly August. Isn't that crazy?


EDA: I was checking out this one vegan blog that I like when a ran upon a smoothie that this person made. If you thought you knew about smoothie-making, think again.


5 comments:

Regina said...

Pear-kale-banana-almond-cardamom smoothie. Now, that's getting the 5-a-day. Hey-Speaking of cleansing greens, Pokeweed's comin up in the backyard. "Tastes just like lettuce." :-)

Timothy Singer said...

Isn't it odd when all your friends suddenly start getting married and/or having babies? It makes me feel kinda left out, in a strange way...

Rachel said...

I don't feel odd, I feel old!

carl said...

my yale-ie friend told me that the best clean up for a smoothie is to simply put some warm water and detergent in the blender and blend again. he says its done wonders for his clean up time.

carl said...

oh and i love cardamom. have you ever tried it in good ol' southern sweet tea? its amazing.