Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Broccoli Leek Soup


There was a head of broccoli that I had to use up, so I made soup with it. The soup contained:

1 head broccoli
1 leek
~2 cups veg broth
1 container Alpro soy cream (blach I know! so unhealthy! can't win 'em all, can you?)
2 small cloves garlic
dash thyme
dash basil

I also threw in some lentils that I wanted out of the cabinet.
It's good with celery and maybe I'll hit it up with some roasted red pepper coulis tomorrow.

Here's some William Blake to inspire you:
A truth that's told with bad intent,
Beats all the lies you can invent.

That quote preceded a chapter in The Amber Spyglass, which I was reading today. I'm not cool enough to come up with Blake on my own.

2 comments:

Regina said...

The soup looks and sounds yummy! Wm Blake & I share a birthday and exactly 100 yrs apart. He has a crazy look on his face.

Timothy Singer said...

That soup looks delicious! I want to make some, like, right now!! [dashes to the kitchen with his stomach rumbling]

I was re-reading His Dark Materials a couple of months ago. It struck me how incredibly wonderful "Compass" and "Knife" are, and how incredibly so-so "Spyglass" is. I do like the poems and engravings in the chapter headings, though.