Things I'm looking forward to:
- The colloquial and quotidian things that I've forgotten: different accents, The Olive Garden, what size bags flour and sugar are sold in, expressions, stores open past 10PM, that good ol' American friendliness...
- The great outdoors: hiking, climbing, swimming, skinny dipping, wading and swimming in water so cold you think you might die, star gazing....
- is family even necessary to say?
- drinking beer at Shannanaghan's
- the community. it's small, so I'm pretty sure people are going to remember me. I wonder how many read the blog?
- my old friends might be home onaccounta they'll've all just finished college! ouch! I'm a failure!
- I wonder how simple or out-of-place it'll feel?